The Finance Manager will support our talented team leaders across the entire business to provide financial input and support to create and control budgets and drive their KPI’s to grow client revenue, gross margin and team performance.
- Delivering accurate monthly management accounts, including budgets, rolling forecasts, cashflow, sales and variance analysis
- Providing guidance and coaching to team members and supporting the Finance Director in developing the skills and experience of the team
- Slicing and dicing data on sales pipeline, gross margins, office P&L’s, utilisation and other KPIs benchmarked with industry sector
- Overseeing finance team timetable, ensuring tasks are prioritised and completed, including reconciliations, VAT returns, invoicing, expenses, payment runs and payroll
- Liaising with our Project Manager of the new time management system to obtain accurate and automated exports into our accounting system for sales invoicing and obtaining reports to measure performance across clients, teams and new business
- Improving processes, controls, reporting and systems to enable BIG to scale
- Liaising with the auditors and preparing and providing information to them for the annual audit and reviewing the tax computation and return
The position requires a qualified Accountant who is comfortable in positively challenging and collaborating with colleagues, as well as, coming up with innovative solutions to improve, streamline and automate the accounting process and reporting.
You should have previous experience of either working within a small to medium sized company or having audited similar sized companies. Our ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills to oversee the monthly reporting schedule and prioritise the team’s recurring tasks, projects and improvements with a calm and controlled approach.
Systems experience is essential as well as having advance excel skills.
At BIG, we know our people are our most important asset. As such we offer a range of perks and benefits, including the following:
- Flexible working and work from home options
- Generous holiday entitlement including a day off for your birthday, a day off for charity work of your choice and a half-day for Christmas shopping
- Funding support for professional memberships and qualifications
- Mentorship Programme to support your career goals
- Wellbeing Programme to support your physical, mental, financial and social health
- Employee Assistance Programme giving access to professional counselling, healthcare and life management advice
- Regular internal and external training opportunities
- Company pension scheme, Life Assurance and Private Medical Cover
- Cycle to work scheme or season ticket/parking permit loan
- An open, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Various social events throughout the year
Our Glasgow office is based at the edge of the City Centre, across from Charing Cross station or a 20-minute walk from Glasgow Central or Queen Street train stations. We also offer on street parking permit loans.
Interested? Click apply now to submit your CV.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and most successful marketing agencies, with 85 staff delivering award-winning work for over 350 clients, across offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and Manchester. We specialise in PR, digital, marketing and design, and have an established reputation for achieving brand and revenue results for businesses ranging from start-ups to some of the world’s biggest brands.
Culturally BIG is a vibrant, entrepreneurial and creative business with a good team working environment full of passionate people, where trust, integrity and rapport are paramount.
We have nothing but respect and admiration for the people who turn up and work their socks off at BIG every day. Each brings their own unique take on things and set of skills. We have to say what a fantastic resource they are collectively. Oh, the skillsets! The diverse backgrounds! The ideas of what makes a decent Spotify playlist! We’ve become a formidable force over time. And we’re not finished yet.
If you're interested in working with us, you can find our open vacancies on our website, along with the option to Register for our job alerts.
BIG Partnership is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Closing date 21st April 2021